Thursday, June 23, 2011

color combo: an afternoon in tuscany...

 i saw this image and immediately thought of a warm afternoon in tuscany!  the flowers remind me of a deep sunset, and the pale teal green of the dress is a cool fountain.  i would love this color palette in a living room!  using cream as a base, this pale teal would look great using an venetian plaster technique on walls.  


let's start with this fabulous room in who-knows-where (but it HAS to be tuscany, right?).  this is my dream living room, complete with old wooden beams from those mysteriously romantic italian forests.  then picture an ever-so-slight hint of light teal on the fireplace wall.  i'm really excited about this color combo because i can't find a picture of a living room with venetian plaster teal walls anywhere. tuscans are too busy hunting for truffles and drinking fabulous wines to post pictures of their amazing homes, people!





if you're still not tracking with me, try envisioning this painting much bigger on the wall:





sweet sigh.  so calm now.


 
this pillow actually reminds me of my favorite flower, ranunculus!





bellissima!





3 comments:

  1. Do you happen to remember where you found this dress or what designer it was from? I'd love it for bridesmaid dresses and can't find it anywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katy, the dress is by designer Lil, and it was available at Anthropologie about two years ago. I'm not sure if they still make it, and I've been looking for it everywhere also! Good luck in your search!

      Delete