Thursday, November 17, 2011

taupe + hibernation

hey there fall friends. i can't believe it's been over a month since my last post.  since then, we've moved out of the cottage, moved temporarily to a furnished condo in an urban hotspot complete with public transportation, moved into our new house, traveled to Dallas, and now i'm stuck with my third cold-slash-plague of the season. all that said, i'm ready to hibernate for the winter and wake up with the trees start to bud.  however, part of our agreement for buying our 'forever house' in NOVA was for me to embrace all four rainy seasons.  maybe that's why every photo I've pinned on Pinterest in the past month features a taupe-colored room.  the dark greys and browns of taupe just exude warmth and coziness, don't they?  would it be insane for me to paint our new living room and dining room (which must must must be painted -- they are currently rose pink and a combo of horrid yellows and browns) dark taupe? p.s. -- love the pops of red/orange with the taupe. i'm even tempted to find an orange couch!






1 comment:

  1. I painted our dining room Restoration Hardware's taupe (I think it is "Flax")...and L.O.V.E it! Can't wait to see what you do to your new place.

    ReplyDelete